Involvement of the Community can be the difference in making or breaking a project. A strong and supportive community can assist with funding, land access and help to ensure a facility is well maintained by a committed group of volunteers.
We have experience in assisting Land Mangers and Owners identify and consult with the actual trail user community. This assists to ensure the right facilities are built in the right locations, creating better value and avoiding future issues. We have over 15 years experience in community consultation and use many varied and modern techniques to obtain the views of a broad cross section of the community.
Western Trails Alliance can assist with:
- Advice and Guidance to provide the right trail facility at the right location.
- Public consultation and facilitation, including creative solutions to ensure the right people are involved and included.
- Volunteer management, including establishing groups and training/education of volunteers.
- Strategic and detailed concept level planning of cycling facilities and trail networks, including opportunity and constraints mapping and shortfall/over supply identification.
- Identification of promotional, economic and social opportunities, to help tap into the various benefits of cycling and making people stay longer.
- Trail maintenance training and education, for land managers and volunteers to ensure a higher quality facility for the longer term.
- All types of mountain bike trail auditing, design, construction and maintenance.